View Single Post
GIR
Old 04-13-2004 , 03:29  
Reply With Quote #8

To quote one of the AMXX devs, time to rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
I dont care if he ported it or not, everyone should have to follow the rules, they were created for a reason, and P.S, its not hard to change a plugin to compile with AMXX rules, I have ported ATAC and DeagsMapManager for AMXX, I know how do it. Also with the backwards compbatiblity that SniperBeamer and Bailopan setup anyone can just use the online website compiler on this website and it will still work for AMXX.
Great, here's a cookies for your effort. And yes it is not a big problem to port them. Although it is mighty nice of you (and me) to take the time to port, test and share them with this community.

Quote:
The point is, if you didnt create the plugin, you should list the Author's name where it is stated in the Port AMX Plugins
Well seeing as this is not port anymore, guess that does apply to it anymore. What's the frikkin deal with it being apporved anywayz? I just thought I'd put the stuff I tested on my server up on this forum so other people may benefit from it. Now suddenly, yap yap yappedy yap everybody has to yap about their personal feelings. There are several posts on this forum asking for a amxbans port, so I did...

Quote:
Also, if you have been following the lastest updates of AMXX you would know the soon there will no longer be a mysql module, it will be called dbi, because now they are going to start adding support for other SQL formats, so soon this plugin will be incompatbile with AMXX .20 due to the fact that MYSQL Module will no longer exsist. Read this post for more inform.
Yes I can read the frontpage thank you very much. But seeing as the current release version is 0.16 and 0.16 has mysql.inc and not dbi.inc, using bdi.inc would kinda be... well not good.

Different SQL formats?