Thread: Hero: Ken
View Single Post
heliumdream
Old 01-08-2007 , 13:01   Re: Hero: Ken
Reply With Quote #24

Attached is my ken file. I noted early in the thread I had trouble getting this to work. Well I guess it's just REALLY hard to hit with...I started by removing the code taht stoped it from being used in mid air (cause KEN definately dragon punches from mid air...) and that made it a little better.

Well my playerbase at that point found a decent way to use it, blink at the ground near an oppenent then ken and you can land underneath them, and shoot staight up...

This gave me the idea to just plain add the blink code to the ken script, and I did so. It works like a charm! I'm posting here for testing and to get feedback!

All props to neogaidenx for his original idea, I just wanted to share my findings.

-edit- This needs a tweak. Currently the way this hero works you hold down the key, and your flames persist. While in the middle of this you can continue to blink, bathook, and nightcrawler, while on fire still...which is not the plan!

-edit ii- Finally got this hero functioning the way I envisioned it. I adressed a lag issue which resulted from the calling of the same sound and image functions over and over. I also ended up fixing the phenomenon where this hero would hit more than once. The flags are in place which make this hero excute one time only...allowing for consistant control over the damage cvar. And to fix the Key Down glitch I removed the entire key_up function and replaced it with a set_task to just end the Shoryuken after one second of 'looking' for a player to punch.

Enjoy this tweaked shodo punch!

Code:
//Ken
ken_level 0
ken_upcdamage 1600        // Damage of uppercut (default 30)
ken_upcheight 280        // Height of jump when using uppercut (default 380)
ken_upcheight2 400        // Height of victim blown (default 600)
ken_cooldown 32        // Must wait for # seconds till next shot is available (default 5)
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (sh_ken.sma - 1133 views - 11.1 KB)

Last edited by heliumdream; 01-25-2007 at 13:52.