View Single Post
ThePwnt
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2022 , 13:59   Re: unstable var spikes
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blekekok View Post
I don't really have a big budget. Just around 20 - 30USD. I live in Indonesia and that wouldn't be enough for a dedicated server (obviously). I am just wondering if there is a way to improve a KVM VPS server to achieve 0.00x.

I've seen someone else using the same provider with the same server type (KVM 3.9GHz Server). He was able to achieve 0.00x var with the same server type. The only issue is that he is unable to provide information for how he did it as it is private and personal which is totally understandable.

I am wondering if there are any configurations or tools I could use to improve my server performance & stabilize the server's var. Do I need to make my own custom kernel or using liquorix should be enough?

Because I've seen a server achieving 0.00x var on the same machine type as mines, I now know that it is possible for my server to achieve 0.00x var as well. I'm just not sure how to do it.
Ah, I see.

It is not much you can do - You can try testing with a 64-tickrate, 128-tickrate taking more resources, so it will not be easy to hit 0.00x on VPS.

I have no idea what else you can do.

- I'm running self 0.00x (even 0.000-0.005 because paying enough for Ryzen 7 5800X - Located in France)

Last edited by ThePwnt; 01-11-2022 at 14:00.