View Single Post
TheAvenger
Old 05-06-2012 , 18:02   Re: The art of signature scanning
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
It depends on how you are doing your code but what I would do would be to make a jump to a static function, have the object of your class in a global, and call it from the function, because if you want to make assembly code to make a thiscall you would need to provide the address of the function but I think that compilers don't allow to do that for non static member functions if you know what I mean. Anyway answering to the question of "i can just push a this pointer", of course you can that's what calling conventions are for.

About the syntax of question I haven't really created much code with them. In fact I only did it for orpheu and it was small code and the greater difference would be related to how compilers handle inline assembly than assembly itself so I don't have an answer sorry
After hours of work I managed to create a fully (to the looks) object oriented implementation. I use no static
functions nor global objects, just some JIT-code (ASM) which works perfect! The best part is; it's even cross-platform
Although the rest of my code is not, if I decide to port to Windows...

Too bad... If you're going serious choose AT&T
Now I'm going to continue my quest for CS offsets!

Last edited by TheAvenger; 05-06-2012 at 18:02.