View Single Post
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2010 , 12:31   [TF2] Teleporter Trap Suppression 0.2 (10/01)
Reply With Quote #1

Teleporter Trap Suppression v0.2

Description:

This is a simple plugin that prevents teleporter traps from being built; the moment a teleporter is built a check is run to see if it is built (very) near any other teleporters, if it is then it is destroyed.

CVars:

tts_enable 1 - Enable the plugin.
tts_radius 30.0 - Radius around the teleporter to check for others.
tts_punishmin 0 - Non-zero sets a minimum amount of offenses before punishing the player.
tts_punishtype 0 - 0 = Disable building as Engineer, 1 = Kick, 2 = Ban
tts_message "You have been punished for building teleporter traps." - Message to display to offenders, this is also used in Kick/Ban messages (I recommend changing it to something shorter if you decide to go with one of those punishments.)
tts_bantime 10 - If tts_punishtype is 2, this specifies the time (in minutes) that a player is banned for (0 = permanant)

The base radius is effectively too small for teleporters next to each other to be destroyed but teleporters above each other (e.g. on a staircase) will be destroyed.

---

Version History:

0.1:

• Public Release.
0.2:

• Punishment feature added.
  • Improved checks for teleporter traps.

---

To Do:

• Some form of tracking to log culprits.
  • Have the plugin generate a config file for the cvars.
---

For those who don't know, the teleporter trap exploit involving trapping your teammates in teleporters by building an exit followed by an entrance slightly above it, this can be achieved on most ramps and staircases in pretty much any map.

Tested on SM 1.3/MM 1.8, the web compiler will compile the source for 1.2, so if anyone has problems getting this to work then let me know and I'll attach zipped 1.3 compiled plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (teletrapfix.sp - 1526 views - 6.1 KB)

Last edited by Jindo; 01-10-2010 at 10:07.