View Single Post
3vo
Old 11-15-2017 , 22:54   Run speed issue after upgrading to SteamCMD and latest AMX Mod X
Reply With Quote #1

Cross post from SuperHero scripting help (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=302915, but the issue appears to likely be related to AMXX itself after upgrading AMX Mod X from 1.8.1.x to 1.8.2.

So, the gist of the issue is that when a client joins the server, their movement speed is set to whatever values their cl_[forward|back|side]speeds happen to be set as. If a client respawns in the middle of a round, their speeds are also set to those cl_ values.

Running everything via HLDS and AMXX 1.8.1, I do not encounter any issues and plugins interact with speeds as expected. If I run the exact same plugins with AMXX 1.8.2 on SteamCMD, I encounter the issues above. This also continues to happen when recompiling plugins with 1.8.2.

The main plugin (SH) hooks Ham_Spawn to set user variables. Did something change with Ham_Spawn between 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 that I'm not seeing? If anyone can help with fixing this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. I can share full repro steps with files and/or host a server if needed.