View Single Post
epzminion
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-05-2017 , 20:27   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpyo View Post
Now that I've done that, my results are, cmdrate changed from 30.2 to 30.8 and now the tickrate enabler shows up when using plugin_print. However the cvars related to changing the max rates don't seem to do anything, despite the server saying they were changed if I execute them in standard form, or with sm_cvar in front of them. I have the rate cvars exactly as shown in the instructions within the server.cfg (which is set to execute upon startup within the command line.)
You should make sure your client-side settings are where you want them as well (cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate in your game client console). Either that or use sv_mincmdrate and sv_minupdaterate on the server side to override the clients' settings.

I use the following settings on my 60-tick L4D1/L4D2 servers. These settings may not be ideal for you, but I've been using them for quite some time without any issues. These settings force a minimum of 60 updates/sec from server-to-client and a minimum of 30 updates/sec from client-to-server. If you want clients to send updates at a rate of 60/sec then change sv_mincmdrate to 60 instead.
Code:
sm_cvar net_splitrate 2
sm_cvar net_splitpacket_maxrate 100000
sm_cvar fps_max 0
sm_cvar sv_minupdaterate 60       // minimum server-to-client updates per second
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_mincmdrate 30       // minimum client-to-server updates per second
sv_maxcmdrate 100
sv_minrate 100000
sv_maxrate 0