Aderic
Old 04-15-2014 , 16:46   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikey646 View Post
Some features that would be nice, and would like are:

Kill Death Ratio calculation...?

Ability to disable Round Bonuses all together

Cleaner "Rankme" text (EG: Points, Rank, Kills, Death, KDR, Time Played, Domination/ed, ignoring Assists, headshots, backstabs, feigned deaths, flags, points and round played... This may be possible using a Menu, but with the smaller amount of text, it should be fine in chat (Will most likely modify the plugin to do this myself, depending if i can find it ))

"Rankme" being changed to "Rank" (I feel like rankme is weird... (Again, will most likely modify for myself)), possibly replacing it with a "top" fashioned command?

Deaths will result in a loss of points (Meaning that it's easier to catch up!)

"Session" command, which will show stats from current session (Tracking either Map or or total play time, which is easier )

Oh and a config file for all the cvar's? --- (Maybe get the mod to generate the file w/ default values if it doesn't exist, since they already have em?)

(These are features that would interest me in running a TFDB server :>, but may come in handy within other game modes.)

Please, and thank you ;)
Have you used the plugin? Some of this suggestions are already implemented and functioning in the plugin.

It does shows a k/d ratio.
You can disable round bonuses; review the cfg file that was generated and make changes there.
The rankme text is clean enough; the issue with using a menu is they cannot display much of anything before there is horrible line wrapping else I would have gone this route.
You don't have to use rankme, you can do !rank and then select your name.
I personally don't feel deaths should remove points at all.... I feel this would be a horrible system; some people play just to get to insane scores. (you can modify the plugin to your liking however). I usually reset ranks monthly and might go far enough to implement this feature in the plugin at a later date.
I don't feel a session command would be very useful; it already displays points that you have earned for the current round.
A config file is created if it does not exist.

Last edited by Aderic; 04-15-2014 at 17:04. Reason: Reordered list