View Single Post
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2012 , 11:05   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
Appreciate the effort, if you can make a pull request on github that would be great.

Most of this all started as "hmm that would be fun" and most are tuned/fixed but in my eyes it might need a rewrite or something but i dont have the time for that. I do like the idea of adding graphs like http://www.fpsmeter.org/graph/graph.php?id=1&day=0 but that would require using rcon every +- 2 seconds which might be a bit over the top. But again, time is mostly the issue here.

For that I was thinking something similar but did not want to request it right now b/c it would be low priority. However what I was thinking was to log the player numbers to make a graph and also let you break down server to server data better. This could then be used in public facing pages.

As far as pull speeds go I think it is fine with just running as often as the user has the cron job set to then the user can decide how often they want the data and thus the resolution of information.

Now as for a pull request how do I do that? I think it is tine I find out as I actually code fixes for a lot of different things around the internet but I have no knowledge of how to work these git hubs.

Even for the programing I am doing I do not actually have real php or sql knowledge. I was taught how to do html, css, java and Cisco API in high school but had learned some c++ for one week before then and then I learned php b/c I wanted my gaming website to be better. Then I learned sourcemod b/c I wanted to make some plugins. Then I learned sql b/c I wanted to fix an old script in my forums.

So unfortunately I do not have a great idea of what I am doing but I do have a good foundation in general practice coding so I am a lot better at fixing or modifying scripts than making them.

Oh I can try to do this git pull thing for the php file but how do I send the sql changes? I assume that I need to make a fresh database and then import the current one and make my changes and then export it again? Would that do the trick? The only way I know how to modify the database structure is via phpmyadmin rofl, see I told you I was a noob.

I am going to actually try to program the e-mail alert for plugins now and will update that today. The way it will work is it will send the e-mail every time it does the plugin update from the sm website. That cron should only run once a day max as it is so I do not see any issue with too many e-mails.