View Single Post
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2017 , 10:22   Re: [TUT] Compiling AMXX plugins with Notepad++
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
As far as I can tell, the differences are:
  • You can't compile a plugin based on the file's location. I.e. All your plugins will be compiled using the same includes and compiler and places the .amxx file in the same location regardless of where your source code is.

In the first example of my thread, it allows me to compile plugins for the server in which I'm currently editing (useful when writing plugins for multiple types of server or servers that you want segregated). The method shown in the thread is more like the second example in my thread.
  • The console output is inside of Notepad++ (something I don't like; it takes up too much room; when I need to know what other errors there are to fix, I simply compile again, especially useful when errors are cascading).
  • It requires a non-standard plugin (I couldn't find the option that is referenced above). If it is truly a non-standard plugin as I expect, you should clearly state it as a prerequisite.
- In my opinion, compiling the plugins in a predefined location is much better than putting them where the .sma file is. I have a bunch of different platforms on my computer, and when I want to transfer a plugin from one platform to another, I simply compile that plugin with the other platform's settings, instead of having to open that folder and copy the .sma file there. So, I can't say that's a disadvantage.

- About the plugin - I already had the plugin installed before I did this, so I totally forgot that it requires one. I edited my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS View Post
Who's saying that? I'm just adding that link, you may be interested in knowing another ways to do it.
Well, usually posting a link to another thread in a tutorial and not saying anything by default means "this already exists, your topic is useless".

Last edited by OciXCrom; 01-14-2017 at 10:24.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom