View Single Post
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-01-2018 , 14:03   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Oh, about the report thing - I'd rather reply in the topic which takes around 1-2 seconds instead of wait 1 minute for the report button to do its job. Seriously, if you want people to report posts - FIX IT. Not only that it takes ~1 minute, it doesn't even notify you if someone else reported the post previously, so there's a big chance I wasted my time. Basically, I'm not going to stand here and waste 10+ minutes in reporting posts, I have better things to do.
Reporting is throttled to 60 seconds in between reports - I doubt you run across reportable posts that often, and if you do, then likely it is not report worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Also, whenever I report a post, it usually takes about 1-2 weeks for a moderator to respond, so it's NOT WORTH IT. Here's a perfect example - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=305611 - I reported the thread soon after it was posted, but it's still there.
I can't speak for the AMX Moderators, but SM mods cannot touch that entire section. Can't say that the SM section has this issue, perhaps there need to be a few more active AMX Moderators.

I don't think there is such a massive glaring issue that you make this out to be, it's a forum, and we volunteer our time to keep it clean. By not reporting posts you are only hurting your own cause, complaining about your own misdoings.