View Single Post
Groruk
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2016 , 13:37   The Future of SourceBans++

With Sarabveer stepping down from the active development roaster, I quickly want to state what will happen with SourceBans++.
A few months back we (Groruk and Galexrt) approached Sarabveer to become a part of the SourceBans++ development team.
So there are still people developing SourceBans++, but after a few months with the project, we (and a lot of community members) decided that its the best to start rewriting SourceBans++ from scratch.
This means we are currently actively writing a "SourceBans++ 2.0" which will focus less on JavaScript and 8-year-old code, to provide a more stable and user-friendly experience (we will also take a look at the plugin and try to fix as many bugs as possible).
It can take a few months until the new SourceBans++ is ready for active use because both Galexrt and I are busy with RL (he is working and I'm in university). The current SourceBans++ will get some bug fixes and will move in a deprecated status when "SourceBans++ 2.0" is in a stable form.

I hope this will clear up the future of the SourceBans++ project and if you have any questions or feature requests let me know them via pm, the SourceBans++ GitHub repo or email [email protected].

Also big thanks to everybody helping with the SourceBans++ project really appreciating it.

TL, DR: There are still people developing SourceBans++ and there will be a new "SourceBans++ 2.0" next year.

Thanks,
Groruk