View Single Post
turtsmcgurts
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-31-2011 , 20:20   Re: [TF2] How to block Cheat Commands
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh View Post
Hi,

I have tried the first method, that didn't work unfortunately.

The reason the server needs cheats on is because in TF2, the change in host_timescale doesn't take effect on clients.

Otherwise, if cheats are off and the host_timescale is changed on the server, the value is replicated to the clients, but doesn't work the same as if cheats were on.

Steveh
I know i'm kind of going around what you're asking for, but I believe it would be more efficient.

What exactly are you trying to get out of host_timescale? If you're trying to change client speed
Code:
SetEntDataFloat(client,FindSendPropInfo("CTFPlayer", "m_flMaxspeed"), newSpeed);
or, perhaps, you need it to decrease the game time quicker? I don't know of a way to change it besides editing the rcon command mp_timelimit.

Hopefully this helps; I would answer your question directly but I don't know how you would go about blocking the command : 3

Post thought: You could loop through the commands looking for FCVAR_CHEATS with "GetCommandFlags". However, after a little research, I found...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
Hook the command and "return Plugin_Handled;". Some things can not be blocked though as they happen client side as well.