View Single Post
enderandrew
Old 06-21-2020 , 19:53   Re: Missing map disconnecting Host_Error: Map is missing
Reply With Quote #3

So I turned off the sv_downloadurl setting to see if I can transfer a map directly from srcds to the client. I picked a small map that is only 7 MB. It still wouldn't transfer.

If I do use a webserver for the sv_downloadurl, then I can download a map, even a large map.

The problem is that I tried one free web server and it deleted all the maps after I uploaded them because they assume any file over 20 MB is for piracy. Then I found a second free web host that said they had no file size limits, but they did and they deleted most of my maps as well.

Then I broke down and paid for a professional web hosting account for a year up front that said they didn't have file size limits, and maps keep disappearing from the folder but not all of them. So that host may be deleting files they assume are linked to piracy as well. I don't know, but I just paid for a year of hosting and I still can't host my maps files.

Code:
Missing map maps/pl_badwater_pro_v12.bsp,  disconnecting

Host_Error: Map is missing
So is a web server absolutely required or is srcds supposed to be able to transfer a map file?

Are their plugins that can allow me to host the maps in some sort of cloud storage? Reading it seems like Dropbox used to be an option years ago, but isn't these days.

What are my other options?

I was just asked to set up a fun server for a one-time tournament but I'm thinking I'd like to maybe even leave it up long term for people to use and have fun, but I'm struggling with trying to host custom maps.

Here is my server.cfg (with passwords removed obviously)

https://pastebin.com/B2sNKtyN

Last edited by enderandrew; 06-21-2020 at 20:38. Reason: adding server.cfg