View Single Post
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2015 , 14:33   Re: [INC] Multi Colors
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
I like the premise of this and I'm thinking of using it in a plugin I'm working on at the moment (an update of a rather old plugin) but I'm a bit confused about some things:

1. Being that Multi Colors uses the new decl's, would I be able to use this in a plugin that does not use the new decl's? I am using a 1.7 compiler, but I'm not sure if new syntax in an include mixes well with old syntax in a plugin.

2. With this, do I not have to do any form of GetGameEngine checks before any instances of like, CPrintToChat? The include does it on the fly when a message is printed? So like, if I send a message that uses something like "{community}Test Message" (which would look like TEST MESSAGE), it would automatically convert it to use whatever CS:GO uses and display the colors properly?
You can have new syntax and old syntax mishmashed in a jumble of code unreadable to the human, but the computer reads it all as the same thing

As long as you don't have "#pragma newdecls required" in the plugin or the include, syntax is not enforced and it doesn't care

As for the second one, it does do game engine checks when the function is called, but if it converts it appropriately I'm not sure

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it