View Single Post
Bigbuck
Old 10-01-2009 , 17:01   [CS:S] Friendly Fire Manager
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
This plugin will provide servers with basic friendly fire protection. Right now this only works with CS:S, but if there is enough interest I would like to extend it to all Source MP games. I created this plugin because I needed it to replace the Mani Admin option of slapping when a user commits friendly fire. I know there are many FF/TK controllers out there but I did not find one to suit my needs. This is why the plugin is very simple to start out with and will hopefully flesh out.

Installation:
Download the css_ff_manager.zip package and extract all files to your server. Alternately, you can download each file individually and compile the plugin yourself.
Note: The css_ff_manager.zip package was compiled against SourceMod 1.3. If you are using 1.2 please download the file individually and compile them yourself.

Configuration:
This plugin will create a config file in the cfg/sourcemod directory on your server. There you can configure the plugin to your liking.

CVAR's:
Below are CVAR's specific to FF Manager and their descriptions.

sm_css_ffm_type_slap - The player who commited FF is slapped with the total FF damage amount.
sm_css_ffm_type_reflective - FF damage done to a teammate is reflected back onto the player who did it.
sm_css_ffm_slap_damage - If FF type slap is on, how much damage to slap the user with?
sm_css_ffm_slap_sound - If FF type slap is on, should we play a sound when the user is slapped?
sm_css_ffm_log - Log friendly fire incidents? (Logged to addons/sourcemod/logs/css_ff_manager.log)
sm_css_ffm_announcements_clients - Announces FF incidents only to those involved.
sm_css_ffm_announcements_all - Announces FF incidents to everyone.

Changelog:
  • Initial Release
  • Moved FF check to OnConfigsExecuted to prevent first run error
  • Added check for self inflicted damage
  • Changed URL to point to its own page
  • Added check for warmup.smx plugin to prevent fail state being triggered
  • Plugin should now check if a warmup round is active before checking mp_friendlyfire
  • Modified check for Warmup Round Plugin to be every round instead of just once
  • Plugin now announces if it is enabled or not
  • Removed mp_friendlyfire check
  • Added translation support
  • Added seperate CVAR's for FF type and announcements
  • Added CVAR to enable/disable slap sound
  • Overall optimization
  • Note: This version contains changes to the css_ff_manager.cfg file. If you have modified this file please back it up before overwriting it with the new version.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (css_ff_manager.sp - 2662 views - 6.3 KB)
File Type: txt css_ff_manager.txt (273 Bytes, 1027 views)
File Type: zip css_ff_manager_v1.0.6.zip (10.0 KB, 1528 views)

Last edited by Bigbuck; 01-16-2010 at 11:38. Reason: 1.0.6 Released