View Single Post
LordDeath
Old 12-09-2019 , 15:08   Re: Encrypt a map, prevent others from using map
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Nothing was altered in that map except adding spawn points. If you'd like to test it, I can run the map on my server and you can play on it.

My philosophy makes no sense? Just proved that no map can be protected under any means. Map was NEVER altered, just added spawn points.

Again, the map was never edited and if you'd like, I can run it on my server for you just to test it. It looks different from the image cause I have a mod running that effects the lights of the map. Other than that, its the same thing. If the map was altered in any way, you'd have a different version as opposed to what's in the server. You really just don't know what you're talking about.

Map files uploaded to the server ARE downloaded to the client, which means they have the SAME exact map. You sent a link, all I did was upload to my server, used a plugin to add spawn points, and the map was functional. And congrats on using the default image to compare and make the assumption that the map was edited when multiple times if you actually read it, said that I just added spawn points.

Opened it in valve hammer editor and it was fine once I added the wad file that contains the textures and entities that they "protected".
Just looked into RipENT and this alone can do the same exact thing.

You can join my communities discord and ping me or message me. I'll give you the IP (cs:cz) otherwise I can build a server for you to just test it on 1.6, without any edits.

Edit: 74.91.117.151:27018 - CS 1.6 Just for you to test it. I'll run it for 24 hours from the time this post was edited and posted.
There is clearly extra stuff in my screenshots, such as the water, brushes, walls, doors, lights, and ladders and more which aren't there in yours.
"Map files uploaded to the server ARE downloaded to the client, which means they have the SAME exact map" No, I already said it once. "having both BSP files both on server and client doesn't mean both need to read, only the server reads and the client follows."
I'm installing cz to join atm(around 60%), but you can visit the server here(1.6) to compare mine to yours (both are the same files, however, what you have is edited not to run at all).
74.91.116.201:27115 -> It has nothing but the map, even if you got the map from the fast download it will still not run for you offline.

Last edited by LordDeath; 12-09-2019 at 15:24.