View Single Post
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2019 , 14:17   Re: Sank Sounds (Luke Sankey) (v1.8.4)
Reply With Quote #1149

Thanks karlos. The only trouble I have ever had with the plugin is the social effect! Half the user-base loves it and the other hates it. Remember the versions of this from 20 years ago before the flood control?? That was my first relief testing your port in 2012 and still now. This is the mother of all sound plugins. Thank you buddy. This plugin changed the rules of the forum. No more sound plugins!! This is it.

Anytime I try to remove plugin I get complaints. There was a time when professionals all over the world - doctors even, different religions, different tongues would all join my server, camp, and say stupid sounds. You can't tell me camping and stupid sounds isn't a sport after studying that. I'm a Sociologist. One does not need to be. Anybody off the street can see that!

The only reason I want to remove, minimize or optimize is strictly a consequence of current day user attention span or patience is at an all time low. I doubt they suddenly have somebody knocking at the door. Fastdownload is not the issue I have multiple servers load balancing for my 1 player per hour traffic! =)

I have tried various sorts of things including the obvious minimal set of sounds like 'announce/disconnect sounds only' and just 1 sound trigger for gg (good game). Sometimes I have a 'vote_sound' as a compromise just like vote_hook as that is another plugin of public interest to have control over. The only improvement if possible is to send all the files as a zip instead of piece-wise. Is that even possible? IE not send resources and send a message as to where to download or just automate it as 1 file not many. I was just checking all my drives for the source then wound up here. Seeing you are active is a treat. Would you be interested in allowing bots use the sound? That is my intention of grabbing the source currently. AI feature enhancement request as well is download optimization.