View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2023 , 00:19   Re: List amx_who by nick when using CE account flags
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusy23 View Post
By clasic amx_who plugin I was referring to something similar with what you gave me above used by most of the servers but it looks like they are working fine only when using "a" account flag (a - disconnect player on invalid password) because it's returning the name in this case. I've tried few and is not working when using CE account flags (c - this is steamid/wonid, e - password is not checked (only name/ip/steamid needed)).

Does this one from here works fine also with CE account flags? I will try it in any case. I guess it will return the steamid.
I still have no idea what you're talking about. The amx_who command in AMX Mod X has nothing to do with the account flags. amx_who simply loops through all players and outputs relevant data. The only types of flags that it checks is the access flags and even then it's only to check if the player has immunity and reservation.

The amx_who command in AMX Mod X hasn't change fundamentally for basically the entire life of AMX Mod X (at least back to 2004).

Quote:
Now, regarding the API to add the nick name, based on it, we should have an additional plugin for amx_who which should check in users.ini what's the nickname for each steamid with access flags and return them within amx_who command. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will try to see if I can make it work with the information provided. Thanks
It won't just work by installing the plugin. You'd need to modify the code of the amx_who function to incorporate this function to use the data from it. And, again, it has nothing to do with account flags (everybody should be set up by SteamID so it won't really matter anyways).

Quote:
I was checking the info for this part:

Code:
1. Install the plugin native_getuserextrainfo.amxx like any other plugin.
2. Put both includes in your /amxmodx/scripting/include/ folder.
3. Recompile any plugin that uses show_activity(), show_activity_id(), or show_activity_key().
4. Install the newly compile plugins in place of the existing ones.
5. Add info to users.ini as shown in the first post in the mentioned thread.
6. Test.
1. It's clear
2. It's clear, I will have to overwrite the current amxmisc.inc and put also getuserextrainfo.inc.
3-4. It's not clear for me which are these plugins. I have amx_show_activity 2 set into amxx.cfg but I don't know which plugin it's setting it. Maybe admincmd.amxx ? If I'm not doing these two steps I suppose there is no problem (I will not see the admins activity with the name from the users.ini, right ?)
4-5. Clear

Additionally, If I'm using the plugin for amx_who you mentioned above, is it compatible with this API ? Will it show the admin name (extra argument added at the end of each row into users.ini) without doing steps 3 and 4 ?

Thank you in advance for your response !
That list of instructions is very specific to the plugin in the thread where you found it. It is not related to this situation.