View Single Post
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:07   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I'm having issues with locked tables in mysql, why is this?
Q: My MYSQL command seems to hog 99% cpu all the time, why is this?
Q: I had to kill hlstats.pl and restart it before stats got updated again, why is this?

A: Your HLX:CE daemon may be geting overloaded with the number of log lines coming in.

Each gameserver, when sending their logs to the hlstats.pl daemon, spam the daemon quite a lot. The hlstats.pl daemon in turn builds sql injections from those loglines and sends this to your mysql server, which in turn tries to execute them and fill the database. When a high number of game servers are installed on one daemon, latency may be seen from the end users. Most mysql databases, which you as user use, aren't setup for this amount of data and begin to stop the immidiate flow of injections in order to keep it's head above water.

In order to fix this the best thing you could do is start up a multiple of HLX:CE Daemons. For more information, visit our wiki page on Controlling the HLX:CE Daemon (Link Removed)

Next in line would be your gameservers. Change some of your log lines to now use the higher port numbers as set up in the previous step.

Last edited by Mavrick4283; 11-23-2012 at 14:07.