View Single Post
GlobalPlague
Old 07-09-2018 , 10:58   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable77 View Post
Thanks for the answer GolbalPlague yeah you got a point i am not gonna make my server successful from first time.

about dowlanding any zombie plague mod nah i don't want that i wanna learn in a zombie plague that i wanna buy from that guy from hes server but i am afraid of being scammed you know this life man they are only scammers in it

anyways In subject.

as far as i know now from you guys if i want to buy a mod the guy must give me the sma + amxx right ?
and the server must contain amxx files to work not sma files right ?

about compiling sma file to amxx file thats too much for a beginner noob like me

but i still need this answer guys how .sma files look and how amxx files look and if it possible please screen shoots so i can realize bettwen them and how to compare between amxx and sma files!

and what that mean sma files are files that contain the code (the functions of the plugin).

and waht that mean scripting?

I hope you guys give me some strong answers i really aprreciate your help and i am so existed to become like you and thank you in advance ^^
It depends. Who is the guy? If he is some random Internet guy, then there is a big chance to scam you. You should buy things from guys that already proven themselves.

Its not necessary for someone to give you sma files. The server needs only amxx files to work, and if the plugins are private, the guy will not give you sma files. If he give you sma files, this put his hard work on risk because you can share these files for free with everyone. You know what i mean, right? But also, he can sell the sma files to you.

Compiling is very easy. In the folder "scripting" you will find application, named "compile.exe". Copy sma file and paste it on the "compile.exe"and you are done.

How sma and amxx looks like? Here is an example of plugin -------------------------5------- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=238638

In the first post you will see" Attachments". Click on "Get plugin" to get the amxx file, click on "Get source" to ge the sma file. Open them and you will see the difference. The amxx file (compiles sma) contains symbols... the sma file contains code with english words.

Scripting is proccess of coding.