View Single Post
Backstabnoob
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2015 , 19:07   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by simanovich View Post
There isn't.

That's why m0skVi4a's register system got unapproved.
I know, I'm the one who unapproved it. That's why I'm asking this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycode
It's sad how these days people are worried about if a plugin can be used in a nonsteam server or not. AM has gone from people who cared more about open source and didn't support nonsteam only due to it's nature and the fact that it breaks copyright laws, to assholes who think they look good when they call everyone a nonsteamer and claim every plugin that could also be used in nonsteam servers as a plugin meant for nonsteam servers and in general questioning the intent of everyone as if they're guilty until proven innocent.
You're taking this a bit too far. I don't care if a plugin CAN be used on a non-steam server, I actually have absolutely no problems with non-steam servers personally. Heck, I even had some personally when I started with amxmodx. What cannot slip through, though, is a plugin that serves its real purpose ONLY on a non-steam server, which this one is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycode
The matter of fact is, this plugin can be used for many reasons, from enabling people to use their friends accounts and protecting their name regardless of the account they use, to giving the possibility to allow people to share stats based on name alone. For example a clan could all use the name "Clan Name" and rank up their clan as they share the password. That could be used for events, say highest ranked clan wins something. That might seem pointless to some, but so are most of HamletEagle's plugins, yet I don't see him complaining there.
What you provided is cool and all, but there are obviously better methods to create a plugin for clan name reservations and as it's been said already, sharing your account is illegal anyway.