View Single Post
mlov420
Old 02-02-2019 , 05:59   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2766

Have any of you guys started recently experiencing gravity glitches happening occasionally?

What seems to be happening is that sometimes the gravity is changing to either be really high or low. I can't find a pattern of when it's happening. It just started within the past couple of days and has actually caused some records to break. Here are a couple examples of whats happening because it's sort of hard to explain.

On surf_yeet (1 stage, t1 map, few seconds), one of our regulars had almost no gravity when he went to jump onto the first ramp and because of this, he was actually able to strafe and float over to the end zone ramp because of how close it was in proximity to the start.

Similarly on surf_simpsons_refix. A different player was going through bonus 1 (bhop stage), had almost no gravity and was able to use 2-3 jumps to float to the end. Then, his low gravity continued as he went through the other bonus stages, making him able to get to the ends quicker because of no gravity.

A high gravity situation also happened. It happened on surf_fun (downward spiral map, 7-8 seconds). The player it happened to said it felt like his model was getting sucked downwards, and he was able to make a 5 second record. It's hard to notice in the replay but you can kind of see his model getting jerked in a downward motion.

I've checked all the logs for errors, made sure no gravity cvar is getting changed. I haven't added any plugins or changed anything recently. The people I've seen or heard this happen to are regulars, so it's unlikely they're cheating. Guess I'm just seeing if anyone else has seen this? Just started in the past day or two.