View Single Post
alinayg
Old 05-17-2010 , 15:00   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #28

So, after playing it for a little while, the game play needs some sort of point. Right now it's a endless death match of rockets. Some people might want that, who knows. I think it should be you die, you wait to spawn next round. This could be done by this mod because it only loads up on maps that have the correct entities in them so it shouldn't brake other game modes?

How rockets home in, right now they currently go for the closest target, and if that target gets to far back and there is another closer it changes to the closer one. That is alright but really doesn't let everyone in the game play if there a couple of people just standing at the ledge. I saw both teams just standing on front lines because they wanted to air blast stuff.

I think it should be changed so that once rockets spawn, they choose a target, and only home in to that target and don't change target unless the original target dies.

Could probably make some sort of sequence that it doesn't target someone who's just been targeted or just go down the player list and choose the next one every time a new rocket spawns.

Overall, pretty fun, you give a lot of options to change to create different styles of game play for dodge ball. Now, figuring out what is the best style is going to be the hard part!