View Single Post
ZEDD_Intensity
Old 05-02-2018 , 08:59   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
On a side note though, there is a low possiblility that you will run into an inaccessible server if you have followed above steps as it is. I think your server package is not complete and that downloader is lying to you, hence that;

"Unable to load engine, image is corrupt."
Hi and Thanks for that cooperative response!

Yes, fair enough, those steps are like the realest basic official steps that can be, and as you said, the download doesn't seem reliable enough to just trust in 3 tries, here what I'll do is I'll delete the user from Linux usermod wheel and start over from scratch even though I'm sure the OS has nothing to do with this and will give the installer a couple more tries with and without anonymous logins. The way it progresses slowly and quite convincing and quite familiar of my past server installations and so I didn't go further with spamming it, but you clearly have a point here, that is one terrible of an installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
But if you want, I can DM you a link to download my back up stock HLDS server package as your last try. Can't post here in-case a forum ban hammer is awaiting to hit my head.
That is very nice of you, thanks for the offer. I'm definitely giving it the last of the last priority as I feel like it will eventually finally end up having a full installation without leaving files half-way through overwriting everytime they're validated.

This will come in handy for sure :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
It looks like SteamCMD has some difficulties to download dependencies' appmanifest files.
You can create the files yourself:

Code:
"AppState"
{
	"appid"		"$APPID"
	"Universe"	"1"
	"StateFlags"	"1090"
	"installdir"	"Half-Life"
}
You replace $APPID by the needed app id.
You have a list of app ids here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...pplication_IDs.[*]Download the relevant files depending your mod:
  • CS : for i in 10 70; do wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Arkshine/hlds-appmanifest/master/appmanifest_$i.acf -O appmanifest_$i.acf; done
  • CZ : for i in 10 70 80; do wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Arkshine/hlds-appmanifest/master/appmanifest_$i.acf -O appmanifest_$i.acf; done
  • DoD: for i in 10 70 30; do wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Arkshine/hlds-appmanifest/master/appmanifest_$i.acf -O appmanifest_$i.acf; done
    etc..
[*]Then you need to execute steamcmd (like you usually do) several times (three or four times) until all is downloaded.[/list]
The one thing that had me really thinking is, server didn't respond positively even after installing supposedly complete binaries of ReHLDS and ReGameDLL (Compatible Versions) that I already run on my 3 other servers 24 hours with absolutely no crash. Understandable that base HLDS didn't download properly, but is it really normal for it to not trigger ReHLDS startup at all? As from the console logs and -condebug, rehlds binaries were able to successfully launch the server at a point where the every plugin was functional. Sketchy af.

Still hoping a moderator's/"expert's" attention in the meantime I try another clean installation.
Thanks and Regards,
ZEDD
--Will edit this thread underneath this line for updates--

Can't go wrong with this kinda installation.

Edit : Well Fail, this thing is going impossible now, literally a new user, 7 overwrites with anonymous, single write with SteamUserLogin. Only positive part is, this time the engine ain't corrupt, console is as normal as ReHLDS without server appearing in-game. I assumed it was something with server IP or port :
PHP Code:
[root@dgtests ~]# firewall-cmd --list-all
public (active)

target: default

icmp-block-inversionno
  interfaces
eth0
  sources
:

servicesssh dhcpv6-client
  ports
27015/udp 27015/tcp 27010/tcp 27011/tcp 27012/tcp 27013/tcp 27014/tcp 27016/tcp 27017/tcp 27018/tcp 27019/tcp 27020/tcp 420/udp 
but just checked that iptables is blocking nothing with opened 27010s - 27020s with default being 27015. IP is fine as well as I've forwarded it to my Sub-Domain and a simple traceroute clearly shows it's active. Starting to run outta options of solving this error myself at this point, as I have a feeling I might be missing something. SELinux is the first thing that I disabled after installing the server, just for clarification that that isn't the problem as well. script /dev/null is already running, I officially have absolutely nothing to do about this error at this point.

Last edited by ZEDD_Intensity; 05-03-2018 at 07:00. Reason: fail