View Single Post
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-20-2010 , 23:41   Round-End Alltalk
Reply With Quote #1

Round-End Alltalk

Features:
  • sv_alltalk is turned on when the round has ended. Can be disabled
  • For Counter-Strike: Source: sv_alltalk is turned on when all terrorists are dead (like when the bomb is planted but all Ts are dead). Disabled by default
  • Chat being spammed when sv_alltalk is changed can be disabled.
  • sv_alltalk can still be managed manually or by other plugins. This plugin shouldn't ever turn sv_alltalk off it it's on by some means other than itself.

Cvars:

sourcemod/round-end-alltalk.cfg is auto-generated with the default settings:
  • sm_round_end_alltalk_announce - Toggles whether changes to sv_alltalk are announced in chat. 1 (on) by default.
  • sm_round_end_alltalk_round - Toggles whether sv_alltalk is turned on at round end. 1 (on) by default.
  • sm_round_end_alltalk_bomb - Toggles whether sv_alltalk is turned on when all Terrorists are dead. 0 (off) by default. This cvar should be turned on only in Counter-Strike: Source to avoid nonsensical behavior. Basically, if everyone on team 2 (Terrorists in CS:S) is dead at the same time, sv_alltalk will be turned on.

Known or Potential Issues:
  • If you are using another plugin that manages sv_alltalk based on the number of players in the server (as I do), this plugin is compatible with that. However, if the other plugin checks the number of players on round_start and turns sv_alltalk off at that point, it may spam the chat area with extra messages about turning alltalk off each round. To remedy this, you'll need to put "sm plugins reload other-plugin-filename" in one of your configs. This way my plugin will do its job of turning sv_alltalk off at round_start before the other plugin does its job of turning sv_alltalk off at round_start.
  • I haven't actually tested this plugin in any mod but Counter-Strike: Source, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work, as long as the other game uses the "round_start" event.

Version History:
  • 1.0 - 2010-07-20 - Initial release
  • 1.0.1 - 2010-07-20 - Added _announce cvar to control chat spamming.
  • 1.0.2 - 2011-11-17 - Fixed issue where _announce would toggle the notify flag on sv_alltalk rather than disable it.

Dead Alltalk:

I highly recommend you use sm_deadtalk 1 with this plugin for dead alltalk (dead hear all). The setting now works correctly with plugins that modify sv_alltalk as of SourceMod 1.3.5.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (round-end-alltalk.sp - 2161 views - 3.1 KB)

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 11-17-2011 at 20:23.