View Single Post
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-15-2017 , 02:35   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Well, if such a thing is out there, it would be nice to be made available to others. If you're proposing I develop it, again, I dont know python (yet), and would encourage you to develop it if that is your idea. I'm still leaning towards php with the code made open source, as then it can be utilized on the web by anyone, anywhere, with no need to install anything to run the tool.

Side Note: Perhaps someone can get me started with the right setup for coding/compiling scripts in Python. I've installed python 3.5 in the past and read several tutorials to learn the language....seems pretty straight forward....but I couldnt figure out what I was doing in the software and wasnt committed enough to spend forever looking for tutorials on how to compile, etc. Every tutorial I did find looked nothing like what I was looking at on my screen or had options that I was missing, etc. So, I dropped it for the time.
Python isn't compiled, but rather interpreted. I use Pycharm as my IDE and it works out of the box well