View Single Post
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2016 , 21:46   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
Reply With Quote #10

Hitmany, I have many thoughts on how to do it, but would require a lot of work and changes. And at this time I am unable to think clearly on how I would accomplish this. If you or someone else has a better idea on how to do it correctly without having to completely rebuild a majority of this source code please do tell.

Maybe the 4th generation of War3Source could achieve this. For now, I'm going to keep it simple and keep it built how like everyone knows it works. Plus, I have to continue translating the other races and addons for this mod.

Essentially, changing this would basically turn it into SkillCraft...Where players don't have "races", but "skills" that can be swapped.

If you like being able to swap skills around, try, use, and update my SkillCraft.

P.S. It could be possible to add some skillcraft features into warcraft as private forwards and stuff... then you'd have to modify the races so they use the new features, then you will be able to do that. Races created the old way, you would not have access to their skills. I can not figure out how to "temporarily fake" a race for a player without giving them "all that race's skills".

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-29-2016 at 09:50.