View Single Post
sarysa
Old 06-27-2015 , 01:59   Re: DispatchSpawn + 2^17 + sqlite = obscure crash
Reply With Quote #6

Alright, I finally have something substantial. Oddly the crash happens right around 2^16 DispatchSpawn calls instead of 2^17 as was happening with my plugin. I can reproduce the crash from a different module. Here's the error I get without accelerator, the one that faults sqlite:
Spoiler

Then here's the error I get with accelerator, which faults datacache.dll (plus the printout from the accelerator dump):
Spoiler

I'm attaching the .sp that will allow you to reproduce the bug. It has dependencies so you'll need to compile it manually. I'm hoping that even though you lack the model, the bug will happen.
Fun fact, if you comment out these two lines, the bug never happens:
Code:
	SetEntProp(rocket, Prop_Send, "m_nModelIndex", DC_PROJECTILE_MODEL_INDEX);
	SetEntPropFloat(rocket, Prop_Send, "m_flModelScale", GetRandomFloat(20.0, 50.0) / DC_PROJECTILE_MODEL_RADIUS);
So what do you make of this weird situation? An obscure Valve limitation or is it some bad call that's being made to sqlite?

(and fair warning to anyone outside of this discussion, the download below is meant to make your server crash within minutes. it's the point. )
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (rocket_sqlite_crash_repro.sp - 139 views - 3.9 KB)

Last edited by sarysa; 06-27-2015 at 02:06.