View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-27-2020 , 21:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.23) [27-Sep-2020]
Reply With Quote #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles View Post
What are you talking about? In today's registry we have 1346 active servers, which is more than half the number of servers that L4D2 has, when you started this I thought it would be a solution to the forgotten obsolete "Left4Downtown" that was of no use to us, but boy, was I wrong, it is yet another project that is still obsolete for our L4D1 servers.
http://www.sourcemod.net/stats.php?m...&addon_id=3169
Code:
Addon 	Game Mod 	Servers 	% of Mod
[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.13) [05-May-2020] 	Left 4 Dead 2 	317 	1.10%
[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.13) [05-May-2020] 	Left 4 Dead 	16 	0.35%
I already added lots more for L4D1 which next existed in the extension, lots of natives and forwards.

What plugins are using those functions you requested or what plugins need them? There are hundreds of game functions where do we draw the line? Bunch of the ones you mentioned are not used by Left4DHooks in L4D2 either.

I've seen some of those functions used by plugins but they provide their own gamedata. I don't see what the difference would be either than making me support more signatures and have to spend more time on stuff that already exists. I just don't see them being used much if at all and I don't have time these days to add so much more stuff. That's why I said if you want to find the signatures or add it in, go ahead and I'll add to Left4DHooks. Can't expect me to always do everything forever, the community needs to help support also.