View Single Post
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2013 , 09:47   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Anyway, here's 2.04 which really fixes what I was trying to fix in 2.03. I had to back out one of the other changes I made, though... the one which was supposed to improve memory usage by preventing certain entities from spawning. Turns out that crashed the client.

As always, my test server (tf2.rbemrose.com:27015) is running this version.

Before I forget, I have some future plans for this plugin:

While I'm hear, I'd like to talk about future features for Prop Hunt:
  • See if prop shadows work properly when enabled. Nothing gives away a prop more than having a (for example) line of 4 red payload carts on ph_redstone but only 3 of them have shadows...
  • It's possible to set a prop's rotation on 3 axes. I'd like to bind these to different keys, possibly binding the vertical axes to +attack3 to change it in 45-degree increments (or 0.25π radians if the offsets are in radians), resetting back to 0 if it'd be 360. The other two might be interesting to change, too, but I don't think most props would use them.
  • Add support to give props rotation by default, much like they have offsets now. This is for props that you don't really see in their default positions, like the coffins in ph_manor_event.
You could make it rotate in prop lock mode. You could say, make crouch align it to the plane normal beneath the character, wasd could use the other rotations. I pretty much did the normals thing in that graves plugin i made. Props look a lot better when you do that.