View Single Post
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2012 , 14:11   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
For that I was thinking something similar but did not want to request it right now b/c it would be low priority. However what I was thinking was to log the player numbers to make a graph and also let you break down server to server data better. This could then be used in public facing pages.
I already played with some .htaccess files and succesfully got a sub url to work, so for instance if you have ssms.yoursite.com you can have ssms.yoursite.com/graphs and make only graphs public (not having to need a password)

Quote:
As far as pull speeds go I think it is fine with just running as often as the user has the cron job set to then the user can decide how often they want the data and thus the resolution of information.
I have it per minute, this way it is also correct with the times it sends out for the emails (10x is 10 minutes) so if you do it quicker it will tell you the incorrect time.

Quote:
Now as for a pull request how do I do that? I think it is tine I find out as I actually code fixes for a lot of different things around the internet but I have no knowledge of how to work these git hubs.
Go make a account on github, then make a fork of my repository. Make your changes locally and then sort of speak send it back to me for approval. I get the request from you and simply click on "merge" or "ok" and it will be in the tree. I still want to make like a zip file which has all (since you can have download packages on github) not everybody knows about the submodules. Just read up on github a bit, its not that hard.

Quote:
Even for the programing I am doing I do not actually have real php or sql knowledge. I was taught how to do html, css, java and Cisco API in high school but had learned some c++ for one week before then and then I learned php b/c I wanted my gaming website to be better. Then I learned sourcemod b/c I wanted to make some plugins. Then I learned sql b/c I wanted to fix an old script in my forums.
I work in a environment rich of java/aix/hp/linux/etc this is just a side track for fun, we all started like that i presume and SSMS is my first big thing i bring out on the web. I am no expert either.

Quote:
So unfortunately I do not have a great idea of what I am doing but I do have a good foundation in general practice coding so I am a lot better at fixing or modifying scripts than making them.
My problem: i got too many ideas.

Quote:
Oh I can try to do this git pull thing for the php file but how do I send the sql changes? I assume that I need to make a fresh database and then import the current one and make my changes and then export it again? Would that do the trick? The only way I know how to modify the database structure is via phpmyadmin rofl, see I told you I was a noob.
You can checkout the current database.sql file and adjust the rows/query's but i created the installer so that people should be able to upgrade the db easier. So for now it would be handy to make a 1.0.1 release name and make a incremental db update so people can just download the tree, run the 1.0.0 db to 1.0.1 and be done.

Quote:
I am going to actually try to program the e-mail alert for plugins now and will update that today. The way it will work is it will send the e-mail every time it does the plugin update from the sm website. That cron should only run once a day max as it is so I do not see any issue with too many e-mails.
I have not read every single part on the last couple of pages but the crontab that you need to run the plugins versions for does send out a email alert already. Which runs once a day. Once it sends out the email it flags the plugin to not mail again when it runs the next day.