View Single Post
krokroJoujou
Old 02-04-2018 , 06:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
There are a couple of the game Cvar's that can change the bot reaction times to be better, by reducing their calm response levels too. Post 53 has already mentioned about the bot reactions times, but these ones can help too, they are:

sm_cvar survivor_calm_weapon_delay 1 //default 5 - survivors are not calm for this many seconds after firing
sm_cvar survivor_calm_recent_enemy_delay 1 // default 5 - survivors are not calm for this many seconds after seeing an enemy
sm_cvar survivor_calm_damage_delay 1 - default 5 - survivors are not calm for this many seconds after taking damage

For example, when I became incapped during a horde attack, one bot would revived me, while the others carried on shooting Infected. At the default values the bots would not help me up at all during the shoot out. Ofc this is not always invariable the case, but then again nothing is perfect with game dev coding
hmm what does NOT CALM state mean? Doesnt it mean they react faster and so on? In this case you should raise the numbers and not decrease it.