View Single Post
drhax9908
Old 08-28-2017 , 18:40   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Try 'help' in steamchat.

Keep in mind it's still in ALPHA !
Been a while since I've been on this thread. I hope life has been treating you well. Also, since you've made this mistake with your old bot, I thought I should give you a bit of info on compiling with visual studio, as your bot uses that as an IDE for development.

When you compile a build you're going to post on the internet, make sure you set the build configuration to "RELEASE" and NOT to the one called "DEBUG". ONLY use debug if you're doing debugging with it, as those builds are built with a special version of the c++ redist package, and as a result, if you post a debug build, people will need to install the EXACT version of visual studio you compiled it with!

Also, if you applied some custom settings to the debug config, you might need to apply them to the release config as well. Things like that are extra include headers, extra libraries, and sometimes, dll files to link to.

If you already know this, know that I'm posting this because you've posted debug builds of your old before. I had to recompile them to the release build to use them, so, remember to compile them with the release config! Trust me, I've made the same mistake myself once, so I speak from experience.

Best of luck with development!

-DrHax9908