View Single Post
DeepBlueSea
Old 05-14-2009 , 12:29   Re: Knife Distance by SchlumPF
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkshine View Post
About the blood calculation, having a look in the HLSDK, the trace result is saved in another var, so I don't think it does matter here.
Well then i misunderstood global_get(). Does it return the last trace of a global scope, or does it return the last trace of a local function scope?
If on a global scope its matters, if not it doesn't.

Quote:
I understand that it could be broken after an update, but it would be a lot more efficient to use it against FM_TraceLine/TraceHull + filter. But it would be interesting to see this method too.
I like this, because it's directly on the spot. It's where the "shit" happens, and here are the best potentials if you want to actually manipulate a trace or whatnot allowing easy functionality expanding of your plugin.
Of course this means some kind of performance impact. It would be interesting to know though, what the performance impact difference is.

Quote:
I agree. I'm jealous you can do that easily. I'm playing with IDA and HexRays Decompiler, but it's hard for me to understand well. :p

Anyway thanks for your answer.
Well i am coming from the ClientHook Area...call me a hacker. So I naturally depend on nothing else but the disassembly. :/