View Single Post
epilimic
Old 06-10-2018 , 07:40   [L4D2] Remove the names from above survivors' heads?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I want to get rid of the names above survivors' heads. When I play in 3d they're drawn at the wrong distance and this kills the experience. A survivor might be far away from me but their names are all still drawn really close and big. I know there's a cvar sv_disable_glow_survivors that will do it, but this also gets rid of glows which I do NOT want to happen. Realism mode is not the intent, but rather to keep the glows and get rid of names.

Alternatively, if they can't be removed separately is it possible to force the game to draw the names at the correct distance when the survivors move further away from you?

I did see this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1613576 but unfortunately it allows you to see ghost infected... not good. The solution there was to not have the green healthy glows but that's not a solution that works for me. If this plugin could be fixed up to knock out that bug then I could simply set the disable glows cvar which would get rid of the names and glows then use this to re-apply glows only.

I'd really appreciate any help here, thanks!