Thread: Downtime Over
View Single Post
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2011 , 19:52   Re: Downtime Over

Sorry for the confusion I was not saying they have a 10mb pipe I was referencing this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottobohn View Post
You can do co-location hosting on hardware (get hardware donated) and make deals for unlimited bandwidth. A 10MB pipe sometimes comes with unlimited bandwidth. Sounds like no one is doing daily backups of the forums and with the cpanel bust (we got hit too), your restore lacked. Maybe it's time that a web hosting company hosts you for free and they can do the backups for you. This'll take the worry of time/money. You can find someone to sponsor you.

You get $50/month from advertising and over $200/month in donations. I fail to see how you're not able to financially put this place together. That's an honest analysis. We run on $100/month for web hosting only with no bandwidth limitations. Your business model needs tweaked.

Otto
Also I wanted to add that ironically the planet and softlayer are the same company now. However clearly it is softlayer that is controlling everything. I also use softlayer for my game servers and I have been really happy with them!

Last edited by zeroibis; 01-27-2011 at 19:54.