View Single Post
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-01-2010 , 06:19   Re: Slow Hop - Jump Velocity Limiter - Speed Hacker Reducer
Reply With Quote #7

After more review and watching the effect of my version of the plugin, the slap doesn't actually do much more than the plugin already did, and people can still jump like crazy without the standard slowdown the game is meant to give. I think I may modify it so that when they are slowed for going too fast, they are slowed to less than 100% of the threshold, as a minor penalty for a fast jump.

EDIT:
Attached is my new idea, and I'm currently using this in my server. This time the only difference from the LumiStance's original version is that right before the plugin scales down the player's velocity to equal the threshold set in the cvar, I first multiply that scale by .75 . This has the effect of giving a 25% speed penalty (their speed is set to 75% of the threshold) to anyone who makes a jump that goes over the threshold. This of course doesn't affect future jumps, unless they again go over the speed limit set in the cvar.

Also, the plugin seems to work identically for backward jumps as it does for forward jumps. I think the guy in my server might have been incorrect.

I realize the original intention of LumiStance's plugin was not to entirely stop bunnyhopping, but to only prevent crazy high-speed bunnyhopping. His plugin works great for the purpose he made it for. For my server, though, I want to eliminate bunnyhopping altogether.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_slowhop.sp - 1365 views - 4.6 KB)

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 08-01-2010 at 06:44.