View Single Post
FullThrottle
Old 10-09-2004 , 03:16  
Reply With Quote #4

This really is a bad idea. The entire purpose of plugins in the admin mods was the fact that there is variety in servers. otherwise why would anyone want to play on yours if you have the same as the other 6000 CS servers and I'm sure 6000 CS:S servers soon too. Also the cleaner and leaner that source mod comes out means the less of a chance that the admin utility itself will be buggy. when you start adding default plugins then you start adding more code for the maintainers to have to maintain. I think sourcemod should come out almost naked except for the dynamic menu front end and very very basic admin plugins like kick and ban and tag protect. Then if you want to add the silly voice plugin or teleport plugin then you get a third party plugin and install it yourself. That makes sure sourcemod is as clean and as FAST as possible out of the box. I do agree there should be some standard for plugin writers to try and live by because I've seen some really hacked up plugins, but maybe there should be a approval team who looks over the code and comments on it and runs test servers to make sure the plugins work correctly before letting them be submitted. But then you would need a new division for the project for a plugin review director and plugin testers. *cough cough* *whistle* *points at himself*