View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-21-2011 , 14:06   Re: [WIP] Builtin Votes
Reply With Quote #8

I think I'm going to try simplifying this a bit. The Vote object + Vote Handler object + Vote Manager object + separate natives objects may work for the SourceMod built-in Menu system, but it's overkill for this. I find that every time I make the slightest change, I have to go across 8 different files for fixes.

Sadly, the first thing to get the ax is the interface file. I'm not sure any other extensions would want to use this anyway, though. This won't affect plugins, as they use natives.

Alternatively, I'd love to see if I can add this to the SourceMod built-in menu system (meaning I'd have to create it as a MenuStye). However, some of the things SourceMod does now would end up being no-ops in the new system. Unless I made pagination work in TF2, which would be really sad, as it only supports 5 items.

P.S. If anyone can post the L4D/L4D2 translation strings for votes, plus a translation string that consists of nothing but "%s1" for L4D2, I'd be greatful. I found out the hard way that L4D2 doesn't install its translation file on the dedicated server, and it's like a 16+GB download to install L4D and L4D2.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-21-2011 at 14:30.