View Single Post
GlowingTree
Old 02-02-2022 , 09:20   Re: [L4D2] Windows signature need help(BossZombiePlayerBot::ShouldRetreatToCove r)T^T
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
This function calls this:
PHP Code:
char __cdecl CDirectorChallengeMode::SpecialsShouldRetreatToCover(CDirectorChallengeMode *this)
{

char result// al

result = *((_BYTE *)this 1);
  if ( 
result )

result CDirector::GetScriptValue(TheDirector"cm_SpecialsRetreatToCover"0) != 0;
  return 
result;

So you could set "cm_SpecialsRetreatToCover" to "1" probably via VScript although that might not have the desired result, depends when the "CDirectorChallengeMode::SpecialsShouldRetrea tToCover" function gets called which might not be in any think function for the tank.

To find the sig on windows see the TUT link in my signature, there's a link that explains how to find stuff by vtable if there are no strings. But SDKCalling this is unlikely to make the tank retreat.
Thanks a lot, Silvers, and sorry for my late reply. I have tried to write a simple VScript named coop.nut like this and tested it in coop mod, linux server
PHP Code:
DirectorOptions <-
{

cm_SpecialsRetreatToCover    1

And as you said, the VScript didn't perform me the desired effect, for example, I spawned a smoker and it still will tried to approach to survivors and perform a drag instead of retreating, and so did tank, would not retreat after spawning.

I will try another method, first use L4D_GetRandomPZSpawnPosition function in left4dhooks.inc to get a random spawn position, then use
PHP Code:
CommandABot(  {cmd DirectorScript.BOT_CMD_MOVEpos Vector( %f, %f, %f)}, pos[0], pos[1], pos[2] ) 
to let bot tank go to the specific position which generated by L4D_GetRandomPZSpawnPosition function. Hope this method will work.

I watched the video on youtube of sigscanning intro and how to make good signatures, I have learnt a lot of sigscanning, and i will continue learning sigscanning and vtable using from your tutorial.

Whatever, thanks so much for your help and happy Chinese New Year.

Last edited by GlowingTree; 02-02-2022 at 09:21.