View Single Post
gamemann
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2011 , 06:42   Re: Can NFO handle 3 servers?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingftw View Post
I don't understand why you keep constantly asking these "will this run" questions..
Haven't you already got your servers set up? What are you hosting them on? Just yourself..
Are you happy with the current performance? If your not you should look at upgrading from what you have.

Personally I would look at getting something with better spec's to run any sort of game servers. Regardless of what people say VPS's are not ideal for hosting game servers as resources are shared.
I don't know much about your "local" providers / NFO but it appears they're a reasonably large company which means they probably oversell their services.
They don't state what sort of virtualization they use which makes me wonder if they're oversold. If $30 is your budget you might be out of luck for hosting what you want.

Sure you probably could run the servers you want off a cheap vps but you won't get great performance out of them to say the least.
See if they offer any sort of money back deal or ask them for a test server. Then again if you get a trial server remember 3 empty servers use less resources so try to and get them filled up.

Edit: NFO say they give you "One full, dedicated HT CPU core" ..
The way that's worded makes me think they give you a "vitual hyperthreaded core" instead of a physical core.. Going back to over sold hosts..
Just thought I'd mention that after I saw the HT.
1. I am just wondering since i don't know if it can or not -.-
2. I am getting a dedicated machine from nfo, that is 259$ a month.

Check out my GitHub here!
Send a message via Skype™ to gamemann