View Single Post
swiftswing1
Old 11-17-2020 , 20:01   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #164

hi tonblader. thanks for the help. i'm a little busy with work atm, but i'll try to test it out asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
A friend recommended this version to me, he told me that it works well, I really have no idea.
But I have noticed that the authors are trustworthy.
Helm's Deep -Fixed-
so that version is more recent and well-known and the one that most people use, including myself.
afaik that version and the one your stripper configuration is based on (Helms Deep Reborn Fixed (MAP FIXED BY JAiZ and Xanaguy)) should be more or less the same (free from malicious code from previous author of the map, though they both still have l4d1 npcs). however, the one i use has been updated more recently for some small bug fixes and map tweaks.

if it's not too much to ask, do you mind making a stripper configuration for the more recent map?
if not, i'm good to test out your patch with the other map when i find some time.
thanks again for the help.

EDIT:
i managed to find some free time today so using your stripper config and the map its made from, i am able to spawn all 8 survivors when i start the map!
however, there are some scripted events that cause some trouble:

- Louis and Francis are scripted to die/get removed from the map at around 7 minutes. if i am either Louis or Francis i get kicked from the game and get the console message 'Kicked By Console : CBaseEntity:InputKill()'. furthermore, Francis also teleports to a different part of the map at around 3min55.

- at two points: around 3min55 and 7mins respectively, Zoey is also scripted to teleport to a different part of the map. then at around 15min22(?) Zoey once again teleports to a different point before finally getting removed from the map with the same 'CBaseEntity:InputKill()' message.

hope this helps!

Last edited by swiftswing1; 11-17-2020 at 22:52.