View Single Post
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2004 , 07:15   [HOWTO] Use the custom map config feature of AMX MOD X
Reply With Quote #1

OUTDATED! PLEASE REFER TO THE AMX MOD X WIKI FOR UPDATED MAP CONFIGURATION

http://wiki.amxmodx.org/Configuring_...p_Config_Files

This post is kept for legacy purposes. Guide below does infact still work as posted, however the wiki contains information on how to create map custom map configs much easier. Especially enabling and disabling plugins based on certain maps!

Weapon restriction information is located towards the end of this post. The list of weapons and how to restrict them can be found here!

Sincerely,
BigBaller
08 OCT 2007

Last Updated Dec. 12th 2004

One of the newest "features" of AMX MOD X 1.0 (and higher) is the ability to create a map config based on the current map the server is running. Similar to that of what Admin Mod and what JustHoMi created for AMX Mod which was later ported to AMX MOD X.

This feature is very useful for many server admins that wish to enable low gravity on maps such as scoutzknivez when they are not around. Also useful to pause certain plugins on certain maps which you do not feel are needed, such as pausing a awp restriction plugin on awp_map.

How can I get the best use of this feature?

Well this feature comes standard in the admin.amxx plugin, meaning it will always available to you if you decide to use it.

First it is always a good idea to have any cvar you wish to change on a certain map defined in your server.cfg file. This file is located in your base directory of your half life mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by server.cfg
mapchangecfgfile server.cfg
mp_timelimit 35
mp_timeleft 35
mp_c4timer 35
mp_buytime 1.5
mp_freezetime 5
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_roundtime 3
mp_tkpunish 0
sv_gravity 800
sv_alltalk 0
Notice the very first line of the server.cfg. This must be in your server.cfg so apon any map change it will return your server to its default settings. You wouldnt want to play scoutzknivez on sv_gravity 200 and then change maps to de_aztec with sv_gravity 200 now would you?

IF you do not place mapchangecfgfile server.cfg in your server.cfg then you HAVE TO place any cvar into your amxx.cfg to allow your server settings return to normal.

How do I create a custom map config and where does it need to be placed?

To create a config file open up your favorite text editor (notepad will do) and go "file -> save as...". Then save your file as the map you want to create the config for such as de_dust and be sure to add the .cfg at the end thus giving you de_dust.cfg.

These config files go into your maps directory located in the configs folder of AMX MOD X. That simple
Full location of this would be addons\amxmodx\configs\maps. If you do not have a maps folder in the configs directory then create one.

What if I want to restrict a plugin for that map only?

Lets say I want to restrict a plugin called "admin_allinone.amxx" on the map "de_aztec". I would first create a de_aztec.cfg and then place the following line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_aztec.cfg
amx_pausecfg pause admin_allinone.amxx
This would allow you to pause the plugin called "admin_allinone.amxx" for that map "de_aztec". Apon the next map change your plugin will be running once again, unless of course you pause it on the next map also. To pause any plugin just replace "admin_allinone.amxx" with what ever the plugin is named instead.

What if I want to restrict a weapon on a certian map?

Using the restmenu.amxx plugin that comes with AMX MOD X 1.0 COUNTER-STRIKE ADDON package you can also restrict weapons based on map. Lets say I dont want people to purchase AK47 on fy_iceworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fy_iceworld.cfg
amx_restrict on ak47
For a complete list of weapons on how to use the restrict command please look at the end of this post.

Lets put it all together now!

This is how I would have a custom map config for the map scoutzknivez

Quote:
Originally Posted by server.cfg
mapchangecfgfile server.cfg
mp_timelimit 35
mp_timeleft 35
sv_gravity 800
sv_alltalk 0
My scoutzknivez.cfg would look like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutzknivez.cfg
amx_pausecfg pause admin_allinone.amxx
amx_restrict on ak47
mp_timelimit 20
mp_timeleft 20
sv_gravity 200
sv_alltalk 1
Then I would place the scoutzknivez.cfg into you maps directory located under the configs folder.

Why did I place the weapon restrict on ak47 for scoutzknivez? I did that as a example, I know you cant purchase weapons on that map. It is so you get the idea for other maps.

I hope this helps out everyone wishing to use custom map configs along with AMX MOD X.

Thanks,
BigBaller

Complete list of weapons for restmenu.amxx plugin
Make sure this plugin is running, this is included for the CSTRIKE package. This is a list of weapons and what you should do to restrict them on a per map basis if you are running the restmenu.amxx plugin on your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons List
Weapon Name -> Restrict Name
H&K USP .45 Tactical -> usp
Glock18 Select Fire -> glock
Desert Eagle .50AE -> deagle
SIG P228 -> p228
Dual Beretta 96G Elite -> elites
FN Five-Seven -> fn57
Benelli M3 Super90 (pump shotty) -> m3
Benelli XM1014 (auto shotty) -> xm1014
H&K MP5-Navy -> mp5
Steyr Tactical Machine Pistol -> tmp
FN P90 -> p90
Ingram MAC-10 -> mac10
H&K UMP45 -> ump45
AK-47 -> ak47
Gali -> galil
Famas -> famas
Sig SG-552 Commando -> sg552
Colt M4A1 Carbine -> m4a1
Steyr Aug -> aug
Steyr Scout -> scout
AI Arctic Warfare/Magnum -> awp
H&K G3/SG-1 Sniper Rifle -> g3sg1
Sig SG-550 Sniper -> sg550
FN M249 Para (machine gun) -> m249
Kevlar Vest -> vest
Kevlar Vest & Helmet -> vesthelm
Flashbang -> flash
HE Grenade -> hegren
Smoke Grenade -> sgren
Defuse Kit -> defuser
NightVision Goggles -> nvgs
Tactical Shield -> shield
Primary weapon ammo -> primammo
Secondary weapon ammo -> secammo
Remember if you want to use these on a per map basis for restrict be sure to have something along the lines of

Quote:
amx_restrict on ak47
amx_restrict on m4a1
amx_restrict on sheild
I am sure you get the idea.

Last edited by BigBaller; 10-07-2007 at 12:30. Reason: Reference to AMXX Wiki.