View Single Post
sparksterRK
Old 01-09-2015 , 20:47   Re: [L4D2] Ready Up / Modules / RPG v3.0.1 (Jan 2, 2015)
Reply With Quote #8

Skye has released v3.0.2 of the RPG mod. Among adding some great new features, she has rewritten a majority of the code, and is currently hosting a development server where you can test current and future updates at, here: 192.223.26.135:27015

This update is the Melee Update, because it adds functionality for customizable melee weapon damage towards special infected. Included is a new melee.cfg which is fully configurable!
Code:
v3.0.2 (January 9, 2015) <- Current Release Version
+    Config File additions
    -    Points.cfg has additional options:
        +    "team?"
            A required team can now be set. Multiple teams can be allocated, similar to the MainMenu.cfg key. Players not on one of the teams specified
            will not see this menu option.
        +    "gamemode?"
            A required gamemode can now be set. Multiple gamemode's can be allocated, similar to the MainMenu.cfg key. If the gamemode is not found in the
            list, the menu option will not appear.
        +    "flags?"
            Required user flags. Players are only required to match 1 (one) of the flags in the value, similar to the MainMenu.cfg key. If they do not, the
            menu option will not appear for them. This is great for options that you want restricted to, say, just admins, such as director config menus.
+    Code Restructuring / Rewrite
    -    In continuance with the restructuring and rewrite that I was in the process of when I released v3.0.1, additional source files have been heavily
        modified or rewritten for efficiency and to iron out any wrinkles.
+    Chat Interface
    -    Rewritten how the chat interface works.
        Example:
        (1) Skye
        >> This is a simple test.
        >> I was the last one to type, so it doesn't repeat my name.
        (1) New Player
        >> I'm not the last player to type, so it prints my name to everyone.
        (1) Skye
        >> Interesting.
+    Buy Menu
    -    Melee Purchases
        +    Rewrote code pertaining to the purchase of melee weapons, this time it works (I've tested it)
+    Melee Weapons
    -    In previous versions of RPG, melee weapons were restricted to dealing no damage to special infected, because they would one-hit kill them.
        A new config file, "rpg/melee.cfg" has been created. In this file, server operators dictate which melee weapons they want to deal damage to which
        special infected, as well as how much damage they deal per swing.
        If you don't want a melee weapon to damage a special infected, either omit it from the field, or set its value to 0.0.
        If you don't want a certain special infected to receive damage from melee weapons, simply remove its id from the config.
        +    Witch
            Melee damage will still do nothing to witches. We do want them to be a credible threat after all, right?
    -    New Talent Options
        +    "b"        For the survivor who deals damage to a special infected with a melee weapon.
        +    "B"        For the infected (not commons) who receive damage from a survivor via a melee weapon.
+    Miscellaneous
    -    Fixed several issues causing crashes.
    -    Rested Experience
        If maximum rested experience is "0", Maximum rested experience = the player's current maximum experience container.