View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-08-2020 , 06:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Heal Refuse
Reply With Quote #4

You're welcome for the help. Good plugin this has been needed for a long time and I hope more servers adopt it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet28 View Post
In fact this is real flags of 'give' command. I'm doing that way because I had very strange rare bug on my servers when every players was able to use 'give' console command.
I guess this is because some other plugin on your server was not respecting the flags and also changing to the wrong ones. Maybe a conflict somewhere if two plugins changing at the same time (although as you said single thread and probably shouldn't happen). Another option might be to restore the flags you saved and add the cheat flag again SetCommandFlags("give", flags | FCVAR_CHEAT) just incase.

Bots it's possible to memory patch when you need to block for X seconds and prevent them healing others but that's more complicated and maybe slightly buggy (I tried years ago and sometimes they just stood there with medkit in hand, but now I know more could probably find a better place to patch). Another solution might be with Left4DHooks to block them healing someone (but requiring more plugins just for this is annoying, could be optional anyway if Left4DHooks was detected then enable blocking).