View Single Post
Backup
Old 02-14-2012 , 10:09   Re: Module: BMOD - Extended Physics Module
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp` View Post
One thing that I saw immediately that I would prefer you do is convert the following into an enumeration.
Code:
Using an enumeration would be easier to distinguish what is being created, instead of trying to remember the numeric values.
Whatever, that was the most easy thing to do.
Quote:
Are entities' and objects' velocities tied both ways? Meaning if I set an entity's velocity, will it correctly alter the object's velocity?
Nope, bmod ingores and overwrites all your changes of velocity. I would have to store last frame velocity and that is wasting of memory, because i am able (*will be able in next version) to set velocity and forces directly using internal bullet functions.
Quote:
Does an entity's movetype also affect its movement? I.e. would an entity with MOVETYPE_FLY float in the air?
Nope, why would you hook an entity you want to be floating to an physics engine anyway?
Quote:
Does the entity's gravity affect anything?
Nope. I'm going to use origin, angles, velocity, avelocity and gravity to create bullet objects. (In current version only origin of entity is used)
Quote:
A feature that I think would be interesting, would be able to do something like Weapon Physics for the entities.
I don't get it, could you be more specific? What feature would be interesting?