View Single Post
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 22:04   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Hey ElDiablo. I have been lurking keeping an eye on this. Is it stable and "complete" enough to fire up a server? If so, I am happy to try it out...and report things as they come up.....
It's was my own private version since 2010 for which I worked on it for the past 6 years for the game mode TF2. All other game modes are in beta and probably not best for a production server.

The main thing that it is lacking right now is races. I'm currently adding new skill engine that will allow programmers more flexibility to create new races from which they can swap skills with other races and/or create "skill packs" where races could be based off of. I'm sure I could just add my current races without converting them, as the conversions I am doing is so that I can have examples for other SourceMod programmers on the best way to write more races. If I just add them the way I currently write races, it will give a bad impression and have them use bad example code.

I also plan to build the compatibility engine for running old races much better. I want to test and see if I can run those races that are "compiled against the old War3Source" and still run with my version of War3Source without recompiling.

You can thank hitmany for suggesting on adding a skill engine.

To answer your question: TF2 game mode is very stable. CSGO game mode seems stable, but without anyone running an actual server with players, I won't know "how stable" it is.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-08-2016 at 22:16.