View Single Post
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2020 , 17:21   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragnichtnach View Post
WarmupServer isn't using them. But I would understand people complaining about the current state although they are using these plugins. You're literally forced to use them if you want to have some players.

edit: It's not about quality. First it's about having a skin changer or not and second it's about quality.
I understand, even WarmupServer's side of complaining about it. But I don't see any point in complaining to VALVE about that, let's say.

My point of view, only mine. I have some servers myself, in the beginning I left without these plugins that violate the rules, always open servers for me and my friends to play and in my case I never cared if I had players or not to enter, because whenever I was going to play I managed close a team with friends and play.

Until we had the idea to put these plugins, just so that we can have that skin that we could never have, let's say, I understand that it is wrong in some way to circumvent these rules, but honestly I don't see it as a big problem, that I even try these plugins in my servers I still buy skins from the steam market, that is, spent on steam, I think this is the big question for VALVE to prohibit the use of these plugins, to avoid losing money. (If not, I even apologize, I would be grateful if someone can give me another valid reason for these prohibitions)

I also understand that many used these plugins to sell privileges, as they mentioned, the VIP in this case. But I myself have in mind, I am not obliged, I buy if you want, and if I buy I prefer to believe that server as an aid to keep servers online. It may seem a bit chiche to say that, since I have servers. Anyway, that's just my point of view.

From what I could see from the WarmupServer discussion, he says that with these plugins it is more difficult to open communities, server franchises. And I believe that you agree with me, but not everyone who opens a server, or thinks about opening it is to build a community, it is more just to have 3 servers to play with, let's say. Few even think of creating to have a large community.

Anyway, I always prefer to believe that we will arrive at a good solution for both sides. I will keep an eye on this discussion, who knows something good may come about it.

Sorry for bad English, using Google Translate.