View Single Post
chundo
Old 03-02-2009 , 15:18   Talk Tools v0.1 (3/2)
Reply With Quote #1

Talk Tools v0.1 (3/2)

This plugin allows players to use all-talk (a.k.a UberTalk) when sv_alltalk is off on the server. This allows teams to chat with each other without sacrificing the teamwork and strategizing that comes with team-only chat.

CVars:

sm_talktools_version - Plugin version.
sm_talktools_enable - 1 is on, 0 is off. (default 1)
sm_talktools_teamtalk - When enabled, a player's team will always be able to hear them, even when dead (Ventrilo-style). 1 is on, 0 is off. (default 1)
sm_talktools_alltalk - When enabled, UberTalk is activated, which allows players to bind a key for alltalk when sv_alltalk is 0. 1 is on, 0 is off. (default 1)
sm_talktools_alltalk_admin - To restrict UberTalk to admins only, set this to a command name (i.e. "sm_kick"). Only admins that can execute that command will be able to use alltalk.
sm_talktools_welcome - Display a welcome message when a player connects, instructing them how to use UberTalk and TeamTalk. (default 1)

Commands:

+voiceall - Activate UberTalk while the button is pressed. Should be used in conjunction with "+voicerecord" to be useful (see Usage Instructions below.)
talkhelp - Public command to display a help menu with keybinding instructions. Can be called as !talkhelp in chat.

Usage Instructions:

Setting up a keybinding for ubertalk is a little more complicated than you would expect since voice chat (+voicerecord) cannot be detected server-side. To use UberTalk, players should add the following lines to their autoexec.cfg:

Code:
alias +alltalk "+voiceall; +voicerecord"
alias -alltalk "-voicerecord; -voiceall"
bind <key> +alltalk
This will allow them to use alltalk with <key> (I use "f") even when sv_alltalk is off. The standard voice chat key ("v" by default in TF2) will still be team-only chat.

Bugs:

Using this plugin breaks client-side muting functionality, so that USERS WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MUTE EACH OTHER. This is an unfortunate side effect that I have not been able to work around. A bug report for the issue is here. If anyone knows of a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Installing:

talktools.smx -> addons/sourcemod/plugins/
talktools.sp -> addons/sourcemod/scripting/
plugin.talktools.cfg (optional) -> cfg/sourcemod/

If Custom Votes is installed:
talktools.vote.cfg -> addons/sourcemod/configs/customvotes/

Changelog:

0.1 - Initial release
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (talktools.sp - 1884 views - 6.6 KB)
File Type: cfg talktools.vote.cfg (597 Bytes, 1190 views)

Last edited by chundo; 03-04-2009 at 02:31.